Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Caleb's Wedding

My brother Caleb married Christina Kennedy on August 23rd, and we drove back for the occasion. Graham did not enjoy the car ride out there, and for the last 45 minutes, he cried in the back seat. Until, that is, I discovered that if I let him pull my hair, he was quiet. The last 15 minutes was constant hair-pulling, but it was worth it not to listen to him scream.

Friday and Saturday were a flurry of activity, as expected, and they got hitched without a hitch. Graham fell asleep before the ceremony on a couch in another room, so after I did a Scripture reading, I stood in the back with him while he quietly snored. This meant that I missed the funny part--the minister reached into his pocket to pull out a string for an object lesson and accidentally dropped a huge wad of $20's on the floor. And left it there, not wanting to make a scene. My brother-in-law Adam was going to send Kaiden over after it, but he was sitting on my dad's lap. I love this picture... It's what we used to do with Dad's watch when we sat on his lap during church.



And here we are after the ceremony:



Here's my favorite picture of Risa:



Rebecca was the cake-cutter, and as it turns out, they hold those tiered cakes together with 3 giant wooden dowel rods, like something you would use to attack a vampire. The problem here was that they were buried in the cake and affixed with what seemed like cement, so we couldn't pull them out. Had to borrow a pair of pliers before anybody got any cake at the reception, and we were glad they weren't going to save the top layer.

Uncle Dave did a fantastic job taking pictures! Caleb and Christina are now somewhere in Italy on their honeymoon...

3 comments:

Ben and Tabatha said...

Your family picture is such a good picture. You guys all look soo nice.

Leigh Ann said...

that is a beautiful family picture!! man, i really want to pinch grahams cute little cheeks. he is TOO adorable!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I love the way you describe the cake, hahaha. If it had garlic you'd totally ward off the "vampire". Cute family pic!

...which is now mostly about the kids.