Thursday, November 15, 2012

Smith Story 5

I was doing the dishes the other day when Chase started pointing at the dining room and yelling, "Get in the fire! Get in the fire!" He was obviously talking to me, but I wasn't sure why. I gamely played along, went into the dining room, and yelled, "Ow, it's hot, it's hot in here!"

Gabriella ran up and said, "I'm Jesus! I'll pull you out." That's when I realized they were acting out Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. It warmed my heart, and not because I was in a pretend oven.

Then my heart cooled as "Jesus" pulled me out and they started arguing.

"I'm Jesus! No, I'm Jesus! Get in the fire! I'm God! No, I want to be God! You get in the fire! GET BACK IN THE FIRE!"

We are working on it. I think the definition of 'sacrilege' will make its way into that story soon.

No comments:

...which is now mostly about the kids.