Thursday, November 15, 2012

Smith Story 2

We're supposed to be listening to the kids' Christmas CD's so they can learn the songs for their Christmas programs. As we were driving to school yesterday, the narration was talking about Jesus' birth and how it ultimately lead to his death.

Gabriella: Jesus died?
Me: Yes, He died to save us from all of the bad things we do.
Gabriella: So we can go to heaven?
Me: Yes, so we can go to heaven to be with Jesus when we die.
Gabriella: And we can ride a manatee?

Hmmm... Riding a manatee is illegal on Earth, but will it be possible in heaven? I, for one, do not know. And who am I to squash a toddler's dream?

2 comments:

Gwen said...

Where do they come up with these ideas? I don't think I would have ever thought that riding a manatee is something that I would want to do in heaven.

Valerie said...

Well, I have to admit it sounds like fun. :D

...which is now mostly about the kids.