Thursday, July 10, 2008

Graham update #4

Graham's 4-month appointment was yesterday morning. Luckily, Will took him this time so I didn't have to hear him scream after getting his shots. :/ He is healthy and average in everything except his height, which is still in the 80th percentile. No stunted growth around here.

He is quite an active little fellow and spends his days in his fancy new playgym, doing lots of tummy time, reading books, playing with his mommy & daddy, and taking very good naps. He's still been waking up once during the night to eat, but it's usually between 3 and 4 now. He even slept through the night once, although he hasn't done it since, and I didn't sleep much because I was worried about him. :) Alas, he doesn't like to be rocked to sleep anymore and prefers to be laid down in his crib with his pacifier. It's been nice because I'm watching another little boy now and I can just lay him down, but I miss the days when he fell asleep on me.

We went to visit Will's family over the 4th and Graham enjoyed meeting his extended family. He actually did really well for being passed around for two days... Here he is in Emily's Princess chair, which was definitely his favorite:



When we got home, I fed him, put him on a blanket, and went outside to help clean out the car. When I came back in a few minutes later, he had moved about five feet away by "scooching", which is a technical term for almost crawling. He didn't move much more for this video, but you get the idea:



He also enjoys talking. This is a conversation he held yesterday with a bedspread:

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

awww, so cute! this is the age when it just gets more and more fun everyday. :)

Valerie said...

Yeah, it really is! :)

...which is now mostly about the kids.