Sunday, June 29, 2008

Fun times.

Well, Rebecca and the kids left on Friday morning, which was sad. It is SO quiet around here now, and Graham was just getting used to sleeping through lots of noise. We had some good times with them last week before they left... Went shopping a few days for some things Rebecca needed. One thing to note--don't let a child with a pacifier stand by a rail on the second floor of a shopping mall. Just as I thought, "I wonder if Risa might drop her paci overboard...", there it went. No worries, a woman on the first floor yelled up at me about "my binky" loud enough for the entire mall to hear. Such helpful people around here!

We saw Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium. Very cute movie, and interesting enough to keep the kiddos entertained. And Rebecca cried through part of it, heehee! That was entertaining to me. :) We also brought out the riding mower and let the kids drive. The look of pure delight on Risa's face just cracks me up, and the fact that you can hear Kaiden from across the yard is impressive.





Graham misses his cousins very much, I can tell. He talked to Kaiden on the phone the other night. Mostly he just squealed, but I'm sure he was saying something riveting. Recently he has started sucking his thumb with gusto, and he can chew on both thumb and pacifier at the same time:



In other news, we have had a lot of rain. We used to joke about needing a drawbridge for our driveway, but apparently it's not a bad idea:



Have a great 4th of July!!!

3 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

awww, our first 4th of july apart in a few years. :( just think, this time last year you were pregnant and didn't even know it yet! crazy!

wow - your garden is big. do you still have time to take care of it? if you do then you really must be super woman!

Valerie said...

I know, I'm sad that we can't hang out on the 4th again! Maybe next year...

hehehe... Do you see all that green in the garden? It's mostly weeds!! :)

Michelle said...

Ah! I'm so far behind on your blog! I'm glad to hear that you had such a great time with all the family activities. Hope to see you soon!

...which is now mostly about the kids.