Well, that would not do, of course! I stood back out of the garden about 10 feet and said, "Why don't you make him jump and we'll get the picture then?" So it began. Will poked and prodded him and made him move a few times. Suddenly, as if the gates of Hades were behind him, that frog made a monstrous leap and (you guessed it!) HIT ME RIGHT IN THE SHIN. It left nasty slime all over me, which I was sure was poisonous, but it wasn't (a slightly disappointing revelation). I should have taken a picture of it, too, because that was all that was left of the frog. Now I know why God used that particular plague.
Lately I've been noticing Daddy Long Leg spiders all over the porch. For whatever reason, they've decided to take up residence by the front door this year, and they just keep showing up and dying there. Seriously, one tickled my foot once when I opened the door without looking, and there were long spider legs all over the place for awhile. I say "were" because when I went out to get the mail this afternoon, I noticed one above the doorway. I came inside, puttered around, and went upstairs to check on Graham. When I leaned over his crib, A SPIDER JUMPED OFF OF MY HEAD ONTO HIS MATTRESS. Close your eyes and think of how disgusting they are, then multiply it by twelve. I grabbed Graham (glad to see the maternal instincts kicking in) and attacked the spider with a tissue. Then I went outside and attacked his siblings with a broom and a vengeance. Now we'll see if Will notices how clean it is when he gets home.
And deer are eating our peppers and tomatoes. :(
I will save someone the trouble and write it now... Frogs and Daddy Long Legs and deer, oh my!!
3 comments:
i'll comment on each animal story individually:
(1) FROG: HAHAHAHAHAHA!
(2) SPIDERS: GROOOSSSS!!!!!!
(3) DEER: Yum, spaghetti. So when does deer season start in Ohio? ;)
and i'm surprised there were no bunny stores involved in this post. i guess you scared them all away. in fact, i think you scared them all down south right into our backyard!
Well at lest no one can say that you have a boring life. But I know what you mean about the spiders. I hate them, and wouldn't not kill them because that would mean being close to them. But after being a mom it is surprising what you can do and kill. And WHY would anything eat a tomato plant, they STINK.
On a positive note, you can count your blessings that you don't have fire ants to deal with :)
Post a Comment