Friday, April 4, 2008

Graham update #1

Graham is now 4 weeks old, and we can't believe it's been that long. His legs are too long for most of his newborn clothes, and he can now only wear the ones that have no feet in them. He smiles now and we know it's not just gas, although we haven't been able to capture it on camera yet. His umbilical cord finally fell off this week, and when Will threw it in the toilet, it swelled up and looked really disgusting. I am glad that is off so we can start giving him real baths.

He still pretty much just eats and sleeps all day long. Yesterday he managed to go to the bathroom all over the carpet. (Ironic, isn't it, that I call it "going to the bathroom" when the whole problem is that he can't go to the bathroom?) He and Daddy hang out together after Daddy comes home from work, and Graham usually curls up in a little ball to go to sleep on his chest. When we put him down in his crib, we have to cover up the red parts of his crib bumper or he stares at them so much that he can't get to sleep. He's only waking up twice now during the night to eat, so we've been able to get a little bit of sleep.

He is lots of fun.

3 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

YAY! So glad you finally gave into temptation and started a blog. :) Man, I just want to eat little Graham's face he's so cute!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I miss the little guy sooooo much!!!! I can't believe how he has changed since we were out there. And what happened to the dark brown in his hair?

Valerie said...

It doesn't occur to me that he's changed until I look at pictures from a few weeks ago... There's no brown in his hair in the top picture because he was in the sun. :) It's not totally red yet.

...which is now mostly about the kids.