Graham likes to look at birds. He is learning to identify them by sight, but we recently got a book from the library that plays their songs. Now he can sing "conk-a-ree" with a red-winged blackbird and "who cooks for you?" with the barred owl. This is all well and good (even encouraged!) until it starts interfering with my sleep.
Yesterday morning at 6:45am, we heard Graham's pounding footsteps. A frenzied clutching and opening of the doorknob. More pounding footsteps. Then a frantically loud whisper, strong enough to blow the shingles off the roof:
"I hear a birdie singing in my ear, and I don't know what it is!"
Later, as he walked through the garage to get in the van for church, he stepped outside long enough to yell, "Bob White? Bob White!" I'm sure the people next door think we have a new neighbor named Robert.
Chase, on the other hand, finds quieter ways to express himself. We put the boys down last night and when I went to check on them, Chase was standing up, staring at the wall. When I looked more closely, I saw that he was actually using his hands to make shadow puppets.
No comments:
Post a Comment