I am convinced Gabriella loves her blanket more than she loves her parents and apple juice combined. When we put her in her crib, she always does exactly the same thing: she paws through her blanket until she finds a corner, then inserts her finger into the seam. She puts the blanket up to her nose and breathes through it while sucking her tongue. It is bizarre. And evidently she also likes to sleep with her feet propped up.
Chase is moving into a big boy toddler bed tonight. It was just a hand-me-down, but he danced around it singing "Race car bed! Race car bed!" and insisted on eating his snack inside its barren walls. He was ecstatic--that is, until I started dismantling his crib, at which point he began sobbing. He wants to have his fruit snacks and eat them too.
Graham is such a helper in the kitchen. Actually, make that a distraction. Anyway, he likes to watch the breadmaker work (can't blame him, sometimes I do the same thing).
He is also going through some irrational fear phase. I sent this email to my grandma a few days ago:
"Graham has been very worried about tornadoes lately, and yesterday when it was very windy, he was sobbing outside because he was afraid he would blow away. I think it's because Piglet blows away on Winnie the Pooh (who knew that would be a scary movie?). I couldn't convince him that he wouldn't blow away, so finally I said, "Graham, if you blow away, I will run and catch you!" Then he REALLY started crying because I guess I just confirmed his fears that he might, possibly, blow away. We went inside after that."
Speaking of irrational fears, this gigantic spider was on our front window. Luckily for the spider, it was on the outside. I found it fascinating, especially when I noticed that it only has 7 legs.
3 comments:
That spider looks like it could light up a cigar at any moment and talk like Jack Nicholson!
how is it going in the race car bed??
The first night was fine because I don't think he realized he could get out. Now he will sit up there and play with toys for an hour every evening. That would be fine except it keeps Graham awake. Did Kaelyn ever do that? What are you supposed to do?
Post a Comment