Monday, February 1, 2010

Blind Cave Fish

Will, Graham, and I were eating breakfast together on Saturday morning while watching a DVD about Missouri's outdoors (thanks, Aunt Melba & Uncle Jim!). There were some divers exploring a spring that had formed underwater caves, and one of the divers commented that they even saw some blind cave fish.

"You know how you can tell that a fish is blind?" Will asked.

I sat and thought for a moment. Was it something to do with their eyes? Were they white because it was so dark that it didn't matter what color they were? Will knows a lot about fish and he had seen the DVD before...

"I don't know," I replied.

"They have a little stick."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't forget the designer dark glasses they wear! Love, Uncle Jim

Michelle said...

LOL! Good to know that all those years you spent supporting Will to pursue higher education culminated to one profound response.

kenjr24 said...

I nearly wet myself laughing.

...which is now mostly about the kids.