We participated in our first Family Fishing Derby. Graham's favorite part was watching the geese (again with the geese...). His second favorite part was watching Will reel the fish in. Anyway, he won the prize for the smallest fish, and he was brave enough to touch it.
We also got our first speeding ticket. We drove through a tiny little town on our way home from dinner with some friends. Suddenly Will saw the policeman in the rearview mirror and pulled over. Turns out he was going 37 mph in a 25 mph zone--a zone that is a mere 200 ft long and is apparently only there to generate revenue for this town. After the policeman chided Will for driving at such an outrageous speed, he said, "Now slow DOWN and remember to watch for SIGNS!" Then he proceeded to ask us about our now-cranky boys in the backseat and tell us about his sons and his dog. Are you kidding me? We weren't in the mood for a chat.
Then Graham had a good first: his first potty on the potty chair. We thought we'd start putting him on it right before his bath and after naps, just to get him in the habit. I brought it upstairs one evening last week and just as I took his diaper off, he went all over the floor. How ironic. Saturday night, however, he decided to give it a whirl. Hopefully it continues!
We tried to show him his first caterpillar while we were on a walk on Sunday. Will spotted it and I busily tried to unbuckle Graham from his carseat, only to discover that I couldn't find the caterpillar. Turns out I was standing on it. It wasn't very interesting after that.
We did, however, see some baby killdeer on the same walk. They look so funny, they make us laugh every time.
By the way, the weird scratchy noise is Baby C starting to fuss.
2 comments:
That is kind of strange that you got your first speeding ticket over the weekend. The reason I say this is because I also got a speeding ticket on Tuesday. I was going 35 in a 25 mph school zone. So how ironic that it happened pretty much in the same week. Well love and miss you and I guess we should all slow down.
That stinks! But at least we're not the only ones. :)
Just a few more weeks... Looking forward to hearing from you guys. Hope you're feeling well!
Post a Comment