Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A long weekend

We made a trek to visit my parents this weekend, and although the drive was painful (next time I'll bring along some bamboo to shove under my fingernails), we had a good time with my parents. Just a note to anyone whose children are about 1 year old: get a portable dvd player for the car. We borrowed one from Will's aunt and it was a lifesaver (thanks, Carolyn!).

We didn't have any specific plans, but here are a few things Graham enjoyed over the weekend:
- watering the flowers
- watering the grass
- buying new sandals and clothes
- riding a fancy carousel
- watering the concrete sidewalk
- roasting hotdogs over a fire
- watering himself
- shattering a plate at Steak 'n Shake (so embarrassing!)
- watering Will
- going to a playground for the first time

I managed to get a bout of food poisoning at 2am Monday, which wasn't fun. Thankfully nobody else got sick and my only lingering effect is a sore nose from passing out and whacking my head.

Graham and Baby C were so tired when they got home that Graham fell asleep while playing with the sunshade on his stroller.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you are OK, and that you survived the trip. I see that you got a double stroller for the boys. Hopefully your trips will one day be a little more calm. I am sure that your mom & dad enjoyed seeing all of you. Talk to you soon.

Leigh Ann said...

oh my! sounds eventful! i hope you are feeling okay. which double stroller did you get? that looks kind of like the one we just bought for the girls.

oh, and i totally agree with the DVD player. kaelyn got one of those for christmas and it has been a life saver (or at least a sanity saver).

Valerie said...

Yes, the trip was eventful and I think we've recovered from the drive. We bought an Inglesina double stroller off someone on craigslist and it has been great. I'll send you ladies a picture of the two boys in it... Pretty funny. Oh, and yes, I'm feeling fine. :)

Michelle said...

OH my goodness! I'm so sorry to hear about the traveling fiasco. And wow, I've definitely had some nasty food poisoning lately, but nothing to warrant me bumping my head. At least you vent by writing some sarcastic post about the events. I miss you!

...which is now mostly about the kids.