Today marked the first day that Graham went into the nursery at church. I realize this is no big deal for most parents (something akin to trying a new brand of baby wipes) but for us, it was a momentous occasion. We go to another building for our church service now--same church, but several blocks away. We'll call it "The Sidecar Church", simply because we've been told not to. Then we head over to "The Big Kahuna" or "The Mothership" to help with the 5th & 6th graders during the service. Graham has always been with us... For awhile we wore him in the baby carrier and he would fall asleep. Then he started refusing to sleep and he would just hang out. Finally, he got too big to wear and began interjecting squeals during the storytime. We knew it was time for him to move on.
Today I checked him in and it appeared he was going to be fine. When I went back up to get him, I found out that one poor lady had to hold him the entire time or he would scream. When the children's pastor asked how he did, she replied, "He had his way with me." Yikes.
Well, after we all recovered from that, we took him outside for his first romp in the snow. (It wasn't his first snowfall, as you'll recall he was born right before a blizzard.)

There wasn't much romping, mostly just sitting and wondering why his legs were getting cold.
He has also begun to hate getting his diaper and clothes changed. I really hope this is just a phase.
4 comments:
wow - you have a lot of snow. they say we might get a little bit tonight...we'll see.
good job on the nursery thing. for about the first 3 months we always got called out of service to get kaelyn b/c she would cry so much. now when we take her she literally reaches over the counter to the lady and happily goes into play. just stick with it for a few weeks and he'll get used to the fact that mommy and daddy will be back to get him soon. :)
Yeah, I think you're right. For awhile, I think we'll drop him off late and pick him up early so we give the workers a break. I know Graham is fine, I feel bad for the people in the nursery! :) It's good to hear that he'll grow out of it, though...
This is just such an awesome picture. I just love the look on his face. This sure makes us miss you guys so much more.
Love the picture. And speaking as a nursery worker, there are worse things than having to hold a little one. As long as they stop screaming, it is OK. And then the screaming doesn't bother me as much as the fact that they are uncomfortable in their new surroundings. But they get used to it, eventually. Just hang in there. There will be good days and bad ones, just like with everything else.
Post a Comment