Thursday, November 6, 2008

Last weekend.

Last weekend we went to Will's home because his grandpa passed away. It was pretty sudden--he had a stroke on Monday and passed away early Friday morning. He was a godly man who brought his family up to know Christ, and we are sure that he's in heaven now. It was hard to watch his family and friends grieving, but it hit me that as time seems to be going faster and faster as I grow older, it really won't be long before we see him again.

On a personal note, I guess I owe Grandpap Beckley a lot. He brought his daughter up to know Christ, and she brought her son up the same way. Will and I met in church, and he is a wonderful man, so if it hadn't been for his grandparents, we might not be together now. That thought makes me appreciate them all the more. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank You!!!! It takes times like these to realize the importance of the lives that we lead. Hopefully the future generations will continue to say about us that we were people of God.

...which is now mostly about the kids.