Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Graham update

Last week was Graham's two month doctor's appointment. He has hit all of his developmental milestones and is growing just fine. Good to know we aren't starving him... He's in the
  • 50th percentile for weight
  • 50th percentile for head circumference
  • 90th percentile for length
We knew he was long because he's already wearing the 3-6 month sleep & plays that Leigh Ann bought for him.

He also got shots that day, which I was completely unprepared for emotionally. He was smiling at the nurses up to the moment they poked him, and then he let out the most heartrending scream I have ever heard. He got three shots and was a complete mess until the next morning. Next time I will give him some Tylenol before we go.

He is so much fun right now... He smiles and coos just about all the time, which is his saving grace at 2am. He'll be crying and as soon as one of us walks in, he flashes a big toothless grin. His neck is really strong and I think he'll be able to use his exersaucer soon.

The newest toy that he's been enjoying is his mobile. I always thought mobiles were kind of pointless, but now that he will lay there and watch it, we both love it. Will calls it "playing with his friends" because Graham will talk to them and watch them go around in a circle for about 15 minutes. I think that will be the next video we post.

In the meantime, here's a tummy time picture (looks like I surprised him...)



Hanging out with Mommy on the couch:



And here's a video of him kicking, which is basically his favorite thing to do these days:

1 comment:

Leigh Ann said...

oh man, those first shots are so hard for baby *and* mommy. :( it does get easier next time though. it seems so mean because they have no idea what's coming.

i can tell from the pictures how much he's grown. way to go graham!

...which is now mostly about the kids.