Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Happy Birthday, Chase!

Chase turned 6 on Monday. It was a little rough for him, as he was on the tail end of a 5-day fever. On the bright side, he got to stay home from school.


He wanted a spider cake. I added 8 legs and 8 eyes (as a proper spider cake should have), and thought it was done. However, when Chase came in, he took one look and said, "Where are the fangs?"

I can't believe he's 6. I remember 6 years ago this morning, when we got a call saying we could have a little boy that afternoon if we wanted him. I spent a few hours getting out Graham's newborn clothes and setting up a bassinet. When the agency's intake worker put him in his carseat on our couch, he was so small he didn't fit in the clothes from the hospital.

It's been a wild ride, but we wouldn't trade him for anything! We love that kid!

1 comment:

Gwen said...

I was also thinking last week about when I got the phone call to announce his arrival and then when I first met him. It has been quite a ride. Have enjoyed your posts.

...which is now mostly about the kids.