Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Rough Month

December has been rough. I don't know any other way to put it.

Will tore the ACL and meniscus in his right knee sometime back in early November. He had surgery to repair it on December 7th, and it turned out to be an incredibly painful recovery. Will's parents came out to help me with the kids, and I'm not sure how we would have coped otherwise.

(However, Graham really liked the leg brace and stilts (crutches) that Daddy came home with.)
The day after Will's parents left, Chase got sick and spent the day vomiting. We got through that one, and now Will is sick. As I am typing, he is lying upstairs with a fever of 102 and a stomach bug. And only one reliable leg to get him to the bathroom.

Christmas cards are not going to be sent. The kitchen floor is crunchy when we walk, and the basement floor is covered in dirty laundry. We are subsisting on leftovers and fast food. We watched movies all evening. And I don't feel the least bit guilty about it.

Just wanted to give our family and friends a heads up... We are not quite in the Christmas spirit around here (unless you count the movies we're watching), but we hope that all of you are having a much better end to your year.

Ours is going out with a bang!

3 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Ugh, so sorry sweet friend! Don't worry about crunchy floors - I have those often even when I don't have a good excuse like you do. :) Here's to hoping that 2013 gets off to a better start! Miss you!

Valerie said...

Thank you, Leigh Ann! It is definitely off to a better start. (And our floors are usually crunchy with crumbs, too. This time it was more like an entire casserole.)

Anonymous said...

Having a dog, our floors don't remain crunchy for long. Sticky, maybe, and definitely dusty, but not crunchy.

...which is now mostly about the kids.