Friday, August 17, 2012

Well, hello everyone.

Grunt, struggle, stretch. Sigh.

Yes, that is our family, climbing back to reality after a summer of blissful insanity. I still have no idea where July went, and it's already halfway through August. Seriously, how can we misplace 6 weeks? My quest is to answer this question, and I think blogging will help.

I know the summer kicked off with Chris & Kim's wedding over Memorial Day. Yes, Will's sister got married, so Will can't accuse her of freeloading anymore (he was most disappointed about this). The kids miss their Aunt Kim, but we get to see her occasionally. Usually at Chick-fil-a, where she has to avoid getting the kids' greasy fingers on her work clothes.

It was a beautiful wedding and a beautiful reception that was spoiled by two nasty thunderstorms. (Even as I type this, I'm thinking, "Seriously??? There had to be TWO???) Everyone we talked to had so much fun, though, even if the party was crashed by a wet oppossum.









And that was that. The ending wasn't ideal, but they made the best of it and got some awesome mudsliding pictures out of it. We are looking forward to next year's raindate reception. Congratulations, Kim & Chris!


2 comments:

Gwen said...

You are not the only one who wonders were the summer went. I am not going to miss the HOT days but I miss the long daylight hours already. And I don't think that Kim minds meeting you at Chick-fil-a, even with greasy fingers.

Valerie said...

I haven't asked her to chase them through the playgym... yet.

...which is now mostly about the kids.