Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Teeball, Anyone?

Last night, Graham was hitting balls off the tee in the front yard. He's actually pretty good, so they were all over by our neighbor's yard. Here's our conversation:

Me: Now you need to go pick up the balls so you can hit them again!
Graham: It's too hot to pick them up.
Me: Well, if you want to hit them anymore, you'll have to get them.
Graham: Well, on tennis balls (Wimbledon), somebody else picks them up.
Me: You don't have anyone to do that, Graham.
Graham: I thought you were going to do it.

Is there an age limit on the ball kids they use in professional tennis? Obviously, I could be practicing for that job.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

That's the funniest thing! Tell him when he makes the money the professional athletes do then yes, he can have a maid and a ball boy. Can't wait til Labor Day weekend:)

Valerie said...

So you're saying I can't get a maid until I become a professional athlete? That is so disappointing.

Can't wait to see you guys, too!

Leigh Ann said...

Watch out - you've got a smart one on your hands! :)

Cheryl said...

You can do whatever you want, your son needs to learn you are not his maid:)

Valerie said...

Well, I AM his maid at this point, but we are slowly transferring the responsibility. :) And I am definitely not his ballgirl.

...which is now mostly about the kids.