Thursday, October 13, 2011

Mini MacGyvers

Yesterday morning, I got a phone call. This was one of those calls where it wasn't okay for the kids to be screaming with the force of 10 angry mobs in the background. So... I did what any normal mother would do--I ran upstairs and locked myself in the bedroom, then sat in the bathroom for the conversation.

Sure enough, I soon heard Graham outside the door. Then Graham beating on the door. Then Chase also beating on the door. Then Gabriella crying outside the door. I just continued the conversation like nothing was happening, praying our pastor wasn't hearing what sounded like 16 bass drums coming from the next room.

Suddenly, the bass drumming stopped. The kids appeared in the bathroom. Flabbergasted, I managed to say goodbye and then asked Graham how he got in the door. I expected him to say that he busted the door open with all of his banging. Nope.

"Well, Chase got the broom out of the closet, so I used it to knock the key off the top of the door and then unlocked the door."

We can never lock them out of another room as long as there's a long stick around. On a positive note, we don't have to replace the bedroom door.

3 comments:

Gwen said...

This is tooooo good. I can't stop laughing. You may have had a different reaction, but it is too funny picturing the kids showing up and you speechless. It has made my day.

Caleb 'n Christina said...

What brilliant children! Now if only it had been under different circumstances... Good luck having "quiet" conversations in the future!

Leigh Ann said...

Bwahahahahahaha! Brilliant!!

...which is now mostly about the kids.