Monday, August 8, 2011

A Smart Solution

Graham's favorite book lately is "The Gingerbread Man", and it was no surprise when he asked me if we could make our own gingerbread man. Repeatedly asked. Asked until I was ready to poke pencils in my ears so I couldn't hear him anymore.

I was making sugar cookies for a shower on Saturday, and I told Graham he could use the gingerbread man cookie cutter to make himself a sugar cookie man. I asked him what he was going to do if the "gingerbread" man ran out of the oven when I opened the door. He looked thoughtful for a minute, and then came up with a solution.




We cut his legs off so he couldn't run. (How he can figure that out and yet still can't put his pants on the right way is beyond me.)

3 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

What a smart thinker!

Valerie said...

Well, we've never had any in-depth conversations about bladders... :)

Unknown said...

That Graham is a smart young man

...which is now mostly about the kids.