Graham has no concept of the value of coins. We have tried to teach him a little at a time, but when I pay for everything with a credit card, he doesn't get much real world experience.
I told him that if he helped us out around the house, he could earn some money and maybe he could afford a new Cars 2 toy. I gave him a few quarters last week for vacuuming the entire downstairs. Then last night he helped set the table. Here's the conversation that followed:
Me: Did you tell Daddy that you helped set the table tonight?
Graham: I helped set the table, Daddy!
Will: That's great, Graham!
Graham: I need to earn some mon-dey for that.
Me: Well, I guess I could give you a nickel for it.
Graham: No, I need a quarter.
Me: How about a penny? (Trying to make it sound really exciting.)
Graham: No, a QUARTER.
Me: Okay, how about FIVE pennies???
Graham: No. NO PENNIES. I need a QUARTER.
I shudder to think of what his teenage years will be like.
2 comments:
Sounds like he's got the concept down to me! :)
that's my Graham Cracker!
Post a Comment