Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas Beyond Killarney

We had a wonderful December, with lots of opportunities to spend time with friends and family. For anyone who wants a full recap, read on! For anyone who wants pictures, skim ahead! For anyone who wants to change a diaper, come on over!

Will's aunt Carolyn and cousin Jenna came over for a few days while Carolyn had some training. Jenna stayed with us and gamely watched the kids for us during a couple of appointments. She got some training in the meantime: Intro to Kids & Christmas Trees 101, How to Make a Train Track out of Too Few Pieces 209, Controlling Children in Public Places 302, and a very specialized class, The Science of Graham and Sprinkles 500. That one even surprised his mother. Here are the results from the final exam:




The kids loved their cousin and we had a great time. Thanks, Jenna and Carolyn!

We went to Beckley Christmas this year and had a good time as always. Mike & Julie were great hosts and were even prepared with a bunch of toys for our kids. Of course, if everyone would have been willing to let them play with their smartphones, we wouldn't have needed toys at all. Way to go, Luke!



Graham showed off his nurturing skills by smothering a lamb, and Chase barely stood still all night.





Back at Will's parents' house, we had our own Christmas celebration. Gabriella was shocked by her gifts.



The boys decorated cookies afterward. Chase kept sampling the icing, so he stopped after one cookie.


The boys got a digger from Grandma and Grandpap, and Graham took advantage of the snow.



Grammie and Grandpa came over for Christmas morning, which brought its own surprises:





Perhaps the biggest surprise was the full goatee that Gabriella grew after naptime:



Yes, we celebrated the birth of Jesus with gusto and are looking forward to a few quiet months before spring. We hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas season as well!

3 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

That digger is awesome!! I know G will love that. I remember when he spent the entire time at the playground just with that one digger! :) Every time I see a tractor or construction vehicle around town I think of him!

Valerie said...

Yep, I think all that practice at the playground made him quite an expert. He spent an hour outside with that one.

Every time I see a bunch of plastic bugs, I think of your girls!

Unknown said...

I enjoy reading the blog and looking at the pixs...I always check at least once per week to see new posts. The kids are getting so big!

...which is now mostly about the kids.