Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Update

Being suddenly tossed back into the era of having a newborn has been interesting, but we are doing fine. The baby is gaining weight and still sleeping a lot. Unfortunately, we're not allowed to post pictures or information, so email us if you'd like to see some.

Graham seems to be adjusting a little better and is not quite so jealous. He is walking most of the time now, usually with his hands up in the air. It's either for balance or he's really excited--I can't tell which.



He's starting to figure things out, too. For instance, today he found out that it's fruitless to reach for the baby on the couch. Instead, it's much easier to pull the baby's blanket and see if he comes along. He's learning to go down the stairs and is babbling a lot. Doesn't really say words yet, but he understands things like "close the dishwasher" (one of his favorites) and "get your spoon off the floor and bring it here if you want some ice cream." Yes, we let him eat ice cream off of dirty spoons.

And finally, Will and I are coping pretty well. This morning when the baby started crying, I heard Will, fast asleep, start patting himself on the chest. He was also asleep at midnight when I dangled my pillow above my head, trying to find the baby inside. Hopefully we will start getting a little more rest soon.

Looking forward to seeing a lot of you at Graham's birthday party! Can't believe it's been a year!

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

way to go graham! we will be sending you birthday wishes all the way from NC!

Julie Davison said...

I'm embarrassed to admit it's been awhile...longer than I thought...since I've caught up on your blog. WOW! Are you a busy mama! Love all the pics and videos of Graham! I'm trying to figure out who Baby C is and how temporary or permanent this situation is...I'm speechless to think of how crazy things will be in a matter of a few short weeks when "Sprout" makes her debut.

...which is now mostly about the kids.