Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Grampie

My grampie, my mom's dad, passed away in June. We miss him a lot... When we visit Mom & Dad now, I still half expect him to come shuffling out of the back bedroom. He was a solid man and a strong Christian, and we know we will see him again someday.

The kids and I went out for the funeral and enjoyed getting to see some relatives we don't see very often.


It was a long couple of days for the kids... It was their first real experience with death. Lots of driving and lots of being quiet. Finally, Chase couldn't take it anymore, so he built a funeral train. I think Grampie would have gotten a kick out of it.

And wouldn't you know it? The van wouldn't start. But the funeral home guys took good care of us and jumped us off the hearse.
The funeral was a great celebration of Grampie's life, and I am so glad we were able to go.

No comments:

...which is now mostly about the kids.