The boys are playing soccer this spring. On the same team. I don't know how to convey the relief we felt when we only had one practice per week and one game.
They have had 2 games now, and the first one was very, very cold. Both boys played goalie for a quarter, and they have each improved so much over last year. Still working on the basics of the game, but they are having fun.
Chase actually wants to be on the field this year. Well, he is also forced to because so many kids don't show up and there are no subs. But it is definitely an improvement from Ring-Around-the-Rosie on the sidelines last year.
Graham absolutely loves to play, and he has been playing with his friends every day at lunch recess. He will take on anybody, no matter what size, and his dribbling skills have improved a lot.
I have not improved at being a soccer mom. Doing my best to keep my mouth closed just doesn't work. I get angry when another child pushes one of the boys down or purposely kicks them. I nearly lost my breakfast when Graham got hit in the face with the ball. Will said we need to start live-streaming the games so that I can watch from home and yell all I want.
Meanwhile, Gabriella looks for frogs in the pond.
Hope you all are enjoying the spring! If you need something to do on a Saturday morning, you're always welcome to join us.


No comments:
Post a Comment