Saturday, March 7, 2015

Seven Years' Good Luck

Graham turned 7 yesterday. Somehow, the two-syllable age makes him sound so... old. Here he is, opening presents before school.


I let him put all the decorations on his own cake this year. And he put ALL the decorations on his cake.



This year, the boys took treat bags to school on their birthdays. I asked Graham if the other kids liked the snacks.

Graham: "Yes. Even the one who is threatening to me."
Me, with caution: "What?"
Graham: "Even the boy who is threatening to me liked the bag."
Me, slight panic: "There is a boy who is threatening you at school?"
Graham: "Yes."
Me, starting to freak out a bit: "What does he do to you?"
Graham: "Well, on the bus, he talks even when we're supposed to be quiet at the railroad tracks."

I think we just defined a new, lower threshold of bullying.

2 comments:

Gwen said...

Love the way that the back of the cake is empty and that everything is in camouflage.

Valerie said...

Yes, he is all military right now.

...which is now mostly about the kids.