Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I Spy With My Little Eye... Nothing.

Gabriella loses toys as soon as she has played with them. Then she comes and wants one of us to find them for her, usually before she has even tried looking for them. It's incredibly frustrating. For instance...

Example 1. Gabriella sweet-talks her dad into looking for a specific car. She gets busy playing with something else across the room.

Will: Why do I think you're not even going to play with this car, Gabriella?
[Crickets chirping.]
Will: Why do I even look for these things?
Gabriella: Because you like to!

Example 2. Gabriella loses her only Lego girl figure.

Gabriella: I need you to find my girl.
Me: I've got to finish dinner. Did you even look for her?
Gabriella: No.
Me: Well, why don't you look for her first, and then I'll help you?
[Continue making dinner... Turn around to see what she's doing.]
Gabriella, walking in circles: Girl! Where are you? Girl! Where are you?

Example 3. Gabriella comes in to me carrying a leotard, one ballet shoe, and a pair of construction goggles.

"Hello, my name is Gabbywellwa. Will you help me find my other shoe?"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my word, Jenna does the exact same thing! Like those ridiculous things are going to answer when you call for them!!!

Valerie said...

I know!!! Even at 3, I think she should understand that! (although it is kind of funny to watch...)

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure Jenna just does it to hear herself talk...

...which is now mostly about the kids.