Sunday, October 7, 2012

Bike Day

Chase had Bike Day at preschool on Wednesday. It was a rough morning anyway, so I let him choose which bike to take. I fully expected him to take his normal tricycle. Granted, he has some trouble riding it, and I did hit it with the van once, so one of its tires is bent.



However, that's not the bike Chase picked. He chose Pinto, the noseless worm toy salvaged by our neighbor from a "free" pile in someone's front yard.




Gabriella named it Pinto and is particularly fond of feeding it pretend carrots through the hole in his face. Chase decided Pinto was a better choice than a tricycle.

I actually found myself glad that Chase didn't care that his bike was different from everyone else's and that other kids might find it weird. But I also found myself glad that nobody else was around when I dropped it off and picked it up. :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I wheeze-laughed when I read the last line. :)

...which is now mostly about the kids.