Friday, June 8, 2012

Things I Learned at the Zoo

Yesterday, I took the kids to the zoo with my friend Amanda and her family. Here are a few things I learned.

  1. Put band-aids in my purse. If Graham falls and skins his knee, he will fuss about it for the next hour until the bloody spot is hidden from sight. 
  2. Do not let Chase spend time with overweight women in halter tops. He follows them around shouting, "That guy not wearing any clothes!"
  3. Listen when Gabriella complains that her bellybutton hurts. Do not feed her lunch. She will vomit all over my shirt and force a smelly, early retreat from the zoo.
It was an experience I will never forget. The people eating lunch while Gabriella was vomiting will probably never forget it, either.

3 comments:

Caleb 'n Christina said...

Aw, poor Mama! Hopefully all your zoo trips will be better from now on!

Anonymous said...

Is it wrong that I laughed?

Valerie said...

If my misery brings smiles to anyone else's lips, then it is all worth it. I can laugh about it now, too. :D

...which is now mostly about the kids.