Monday, January 30, 2012

In Case of Emergency...

Last week, I decided to teach Graham what to do in case something happened to me and I couldn't help the kids. We practiced how he could unlock the door and run to the neighbor's house, and I told him that if he saw my phone, he could call Daddy. Then I showed him how to dial Will's number on speed dial.

This morning was particularly rough. Gabriella was crying because she wanted to be held constantly. Chase was screaming because he wanted me to fix something, and Graham was asking 100 million times for me to lug the basketball hoop up from the basement. I finally sat down at the table, covered my face with my hands, and said, "Graham, I just need a minute." To my surprise, he left.

I took a deep breath, got up, and went into the kitchen. Graham had the phone up to his ear. When I asked him what he was doing, he said, "I'm calling Daddy. You said if something happened to Mommy I should call Daddy."

Guess the situation must have looked pretty bleak to him.

4 comments:

Gwen said...

I hope that the rest of the day went better than the start. At least you know that he was listening and knows what to do and he didn't dial 911. That would have been fun explaining.

Valerie said...

Yes, I would have had to fake a heart attack or something. We spent the afternoon outside, so it went much, much better. :)

Michelle said...

I love that you can turn the worst moments into a humorous post. I miss you!

Leigh Ann said...

HAHAHAHAHA, too funny!

...which is now mostly about the kids.