Monday, July 11, 2011

Severe Conversation Warning

A severe thunderstorm has just blown through. Here is a snippet of our conversation as Graham and I watched it roll in:

Me: Wow, do you hear that thunder?

Graham: I don't like that thunder bouncing around my ears.

Me: It's loud, isn't it?

Graham: What is thunder?

Me, searching the annals of my brain to remember: It happens when the clouds rub together and cause friction between the particles. [Which isn't really correct, apparently, after looking it up.]

Graham: No, it isn't. Look, the clouds are not moving. Thunder comes when the hugsher up top blows the trees.

Me: A hugsher?

Graham: Yes. It's the yellow lightning. It will blow the bottom house down.

Me: Oh, okay.

Graham: See that tormato on those trees?

Me: No, Graham, there's no tornado.

Graham: Yes, there is. See that tormato right there?

Me: Graham, there's no tornado. I promise.

Graham: You are upsetting me! The tormato is right there on those trees.

That's when we walked away from the window. If he could see a tornado that I couldn't, I figured I didn't want to be there anyway.

No comments:

...which is now mostly about the kids.