Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Conversations

I love how Graham talks. It took him a while to get started, but now I think that makes us treasure it even more. Here are some of his conversations lately.

Me: Grammie said that you are getting to be such a big boy lately! You aren't fussing and throwing fits like you used to.
Graham: I throw fit in bathroom today.
Me: Oh. I guess you did.
Graham: Mommy forgot about that.

-----

[Around the campfire last weekend with Kim and Chris. Told by Aunt Kim after Graham moved his chair away from the fire and sat by himself.]
Kim: Graham...
Graham: I right here!
Kim: What are you doing?
Graham: I watch fire.
Kim: Do you see all those stars?
Graham: Those not stars. Those airplanes.
[later, as the clouds roll in.]
Kim: Look! The stars are gone. Where did they go?
Graham: Home Depot.

-----

And finally, after years of Graham's screaming fits when I clip his toenails, I finally discovered how to get him to sit quietly through the process--save the clippings in a little bowl for him to look at. Seriously, he was even encouraging me to cut more.

-----

By the way, if you are ever wondering why we don't have more pictures and videos of Chase, it's because every time we grab the camera to catch him doing something cute, he stops what he's doing and starts crying or runs away. This phase will not be well-documented, but hopefully we'll move out of it soon.

No comments:

...which is now mostly about the kids.